Dr. Navid Asadi joins UF as a Research Assistant Professor in ECE and as the SCAN Lab Assistant Director at FICS Research, the Florida Institute for Cybersecurity Research.
Dr. Asadi received his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of Connecticut.
Prior to UF, Dr. Asadi was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Connecticut’s CHASE, the Center for Hardware Assurance and Security Engineering.
Dr. Asadi’s interests include:
- Supply chain security and assurance of everything
- Multi-scale and multi-dimensional imaging and image processing
- Reverse and anti-reverse Engineering
- Failure analysis of advanced mechanical systems
- Acoustic waves, sensors, energy harvesting
- Novel techniques for integrated circuits counterfeit detection and prevention, system and chip level reverse engineering
Dr. Yier Jin joins UF as an Associate Professor and IoT Term Professor, and as part of FICS Research, the Florida Institute for Cybersecurity Research.
He received his PhD in electrical engineering from Yale. Prior to UF, Dr. Jin was an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Central Florida.
Dr. Jin’s research has focused on developing methods for ensuring security and trustworthiness of integrated circuits and systems and has contributed several key solutions in the area of trusted hardware, including: hardware IP/SoC formal verification, security enhanced processor architectures for cybersecurity, gate-level Netlist reverse engineering, emerging devices in hardware security, and smart device hacking and security protection.